Maintenance Manager circa £35K Stockport
Our client are a highly regarded global supplier of a bespoke manufactured product in the Stockport area that are seeking a Maintenance Manager for their factory operation.
You will primary responsibility for the maintenance of all machinery and associated equipment on our clients’ site. Delivering projects including new plant and equipment installations on time and to budget. You will be working with the Production Planning team to ensure all preventative maintenance is carried out on time and to the required company standard. Complete all maintenance and compliance necessary records making sure they are organised and filed, safely for traceability should they be required by internal/external audit including PAT & FAT. Allocation of maintenance work load accordingly and ensure all relevant paperwork is completed correctly. Identify the most cost effective sources for consumable items used in maintenance programmes. Have a stock of consumable/critical items as appropriate to usage and availability. Ensure all staff under your supervision comply with the Company’s Health & Safety policy document. Working with senior stakeholders to agree, organise and plan projects such as installation of new and modification or improvement of current plant and equipment.
- Able to effectively utilise Gantt charts for all large-scale project work and hold daily meetings with contractors/staff to ensure the project is running to schedule.
- To ensure plant and equipment is safe and necessary risk assessments completed prior to the commencement of production.
- To carryout training for maintenance staff on new plant or equipment
- To compile a preventative maintenance programme for the all plant or equipment
- To assist the quality manager in compiling the required procedures
Work with CI teams to develop programmes and initiatives to increase the performance of the factory. Perform regular audits of work carried out by your maintenance team. Carry out any other duties as and when required. This may involve working in other departments or locations.
Hours of work
Monday to Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm
- IOSH certificate minimum, NEBOSH certificate preferred)
- Maintenance experience with qualifications in either General Engineering/ Mechanical and/or Electrical qualifications (i.e. HNC / NVQ Level 3 or 4 / C&G)
- Supervisory and / or management experience
- Manufacturing sector knowledge is highly desirable
The legal bit
Essential Personnel Ltd is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.