Do you want to join a growing accounts practice where you can develop a career in tax?
Job title: Tax Assistant
Hours: 9am to 5pm, Mon-Fri
We’re looking for a Tax Assistant to join a growing accountancy practice, who is looking to expand their tax team. The company is implementing Xero software in the coming months, so this is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door of a company with considerable growth prospects. Your duties will include:
- Working alongside the Tax Manager to liaise with the practice’s portfolio of nationwide clients
- Speaking with customers to answer basic queries relating to personal and small business tax matters
- Preparing corporation tax, income tax and VAT returns and filing with HMRC
- Self-starter, able to work and solve client queries on own initiatives
- Good communication skills and confidence to liaise with clients directly
- Ambition to learn and pursue a career in tax
- Previous experience in an accounts role, or accounting qualifications
- Central location, in historic building with free parking on-site
- Study leave and support to complete CTA qualifications
- 20 days holidays plus 8 stats
- Company pension
Essential Personnel Ltd is acting as an employment agency with regard to this position.
Essential Personnel Ltd, Stockport Business of the Year winners, provide high quality permanent and temporary staff in Stockport, Cheshire and South Manchester. Unlike other recruitment agencies, we meet all our clients in person to ensure we’ll only place you with companies that we’d work in ourselves.
Salary: up to £20,000
Reference number: JF91