Do you have strong administration skills? Do you want to move up in your career? Have you considered a career in buying and supply chain?
Job title: Trainee Purchasing Assistant
Hours: 8.30am to 5pm, Mon-Fri
We’re looking for a Trainee Administrator to join a telecoms company, supporting their Buying and Purchasing team with keeping supplier records up to date and placing orders for products and services.
This is an entry level position within the Purchasing team, and would make a great first step for someone who is ambitious to start their career as a buyer – the company will offer support to pursue a degree level qualification in buying through the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply Chain (CIPS). Your duties will include:
- Working with the Senior Buyer to place purchase orders for supplies and services
- Keeping accurate records of orders, and tracking their progress to make sure suppliers are delivering on promises
- Getting together all the right documents for suppliers
- Liaise with internal colleagues, such as project managers, and suppliers to resolve any issues with orders
- Supporting the purchasing department with general administrative duties
- Strong administration and IT skills, particularly Word and Excel
- Any previous telecoms experience an advantage
- Experience on Navision or Dynamics ERP software an advantage, but the company are happy to train
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 stats
- Free parking and office is local to tram links across Manchester, Oldham and Rochdale
- Dress-down Fridays, a relaxed, family feel to the office and managers have an open door policy
- Christmas shutdown
- Company pension
- Life assurance and company health cover
- Childcare voucher scheme
To learn more, click the apply button. Even if your CV isn’t quite up-to-date, give Cathy a call to have a chat and discuss what you’re looking for in a bit more detail – our reference number for this job is CB88.
The legal bit
Essential Personnel Ltd are acting as an employment agency with regard to this position.
Reference number: SD78