Do you have strong administration skills? Do you want to start a career in purchasing and supply chain?
Job title: Trainee Purchasing Assistant
Hours: 8.30am to 5pm, Mon-Fri
We’re looking for a Trainee Administrator to join a telecoms company, supporting their Buying and Purchasing team with keeping supplier records up to date and placing orders for products and services.
This is an entry level position within the Purchasing team, and would make a great first step for someone who is ambitious to start their career as a buyer – the company will offer support to pursue a degree level qualification in buying through the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply Chain (CIPS). Your duties will include:
- Working with the Senior Buyer to place purchase orders for supplies and services
- Monitor orders and keep accurate records of progress and supplier performance on database and confirming receipt of orders
- Ensure sub-contractors and suppliers have correct documentation
- Liaise with internal colleagues, such as project managers, and suppliers to resolve any issues with orders
- Supporting the purchasing department with general administrative duties
- Strong administration and IT skills, particularly Word and Excel
- Any previous telecoms experience an advantage
- Experience on Navision or Dynamics ERP software an advantage
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 stats
- Free parking and office is local to tram links across Manchester, Oldham and Rochdale
- Dress-down Fridays, a relaxed, family feel to the office and managers have an open door policy
- Christmas shutdown
- Company pension
- Life assurance and company health cover
- Childcare voucher scheme
Essential Personnel Ltd is acting as an employment agency with regard to this position.
Essential Personnel Ltd, Stockport Business of the Year winners, provide high quality permanent and temporary staff in Stockport, Cheshire and South Manchester. Unlike other recruitment agencies, we meet all our clients in person to ensure we’ll only place you with companies that we’d work in ourselves.
Reference number: SD78