Are you an experienced Payroll Assistant, working either in a bureau or industry setting?
Job title: Payroll Assistant
Hours: 36.25 hours a week, flexible start and finish times (core hours are 10am to 4.15pm)
We’re looking for a Payroll Assistant to join a leading firm of accountants who are part of a national network of practices. Despite being part of a large, national company, this practice retains its relaxed and independent feel and offer flexible hours so you can avoid the Stockport traffic!
They are looking for someone to join their growing payroll bureau, working on behalf of a portfolio of SME clients. Your duties will include:
- End-to-end processing of payroll for a portfolio of SME clients
- Weekly, fortnightly and monthly payrolls, including varying pension contributions
- Working within a payroll team of 8 people, supporting the Payroll Manager
- Liaise regularly with clients to answer any payroll queries and provide expert advice
- Previous experience working in a payroll bureau, or of payroll within an industry setting
- Knowledge of SSP, SMP and other statutory payments such as auto-enrolment pensions to advise clients
- Experience working on any payroll software
- Confident communication skills
- 20 days holiday plus 8 stats
- Christmas shutdown on top of holiday allowance
- Flexible hours so you can avoid the Stockport traffic!
- Relaxed and welcoming working environment, dress-down offices
- Private medical insurance
- Parking permits for local car parks on a salary sacrifice scheme (when spaces become available)
- Company pension
- Study support towards CIPP qualification available
Essential Personnel Ltd is acting as an employment agency with regard to this position.
Essential Personnel Ltd, Stockport Business of the Year winners, provide high quality permanent and temporary staff in Stockport, Cheshire and South Manchester. Unlike other recruitment agencies, we meet all our clients in person to ensure we’ll only place you with companies that we’d work in ourselves.
Salary: Up to £26,000
Reference number: JF109