Are you a mechanical design engineer with experience of pipes or HVAC systems? Do you want to work in a varied role where you can liaise regularly with clients?
Job title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Hours: 8am to 5pm, Mon-Fri
We’re looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a specialist, family-run fabrication company. All their products are bespoke and they supply to blue-chip clients, many of which are household names, so are looking for someone who can liaise professionally with clients from start to finish from generated quotations to designing and engineering solutions and overseeing the production and delivery of the finished products. Your duties will include:
- Generating client quotations
- Engineering bespoke solutions for clients
- Producing engineering drawings and 3D modelling using CAD software
- Conducting quality checks on finished products and producing quality certificates
- Mechanical engineering qualification, either through an apprenticeship or degree
- Engineering experience dealing with pipework or HVAC systems
- Experience of CAD software, ideally Creo or Solidworks – software training will be provided
- Good customer facing skills to understand customer needs
- 20 days, increasing with service up to a maximum of 28 days, plus 8 stats
- Christmas shutdown
- Parking on-site, and close to local transport links
- Software and product training from the Senior Engineer within your induction
- 30pm finish on Fridays
- Small, supportive team – despite their big clients, this company has retained it’s friendly, family-business feel
Essential Personnel Ltd is acting as an employment agency with regard to this position.
Essential Personnel Ltd, Stockport Business of the Year winners, provide high quality permanent and temporary staff in Stockport, Cheshire and South Manchester. Unlike other recruitment agencies, we meet all our clients in person to ensure we’ll only place you with companies that we’d work in ourselves.
Reference number: SD61