Are you a supply chain professional with experience of expediting and handling late deliveries?
Job title: Expeditor
Hours: 37 per week
We’re looking for a Supply Chain Coordinator to join a global engineering company to expedite customer orders and resolve any late deliveries or delays. This is a brand new role to the company, initially on a 6 month contract but may be extended or made into a permanent contract depending on the success of the position. Your duties will include:
- Take responsibility for any late orders, and liaising with other internal functions including manufacturing, supply chain and warehouse to resolve problems
- Identifying recurring issues or failures in processes that are leading to delays in delivery of customer orders
- Updating of order progress on SAP
- Work closely with the customer service team to ensure customers are updated on any delays
- Experience working on SAP, ideally in a low-volume manufacturing environment
- Previous experience working in a customer service or supply chain role within manufacturing
- Outstanding communication and problem solving skills
- Customer-focused attitude
- Pension after 3 months
- 28 days holiday accrual
- Long-term contract, with potential for permanent role
- Early finish on Friday
- Opportunity to join a well-established, and well-respected company
Essential Personnel Ltd is acting as both an employment business and an employment agency with regard to this position.
Essential Personnel Ltd, Stockport Business of the Year winners, provide high quality permanent and temporary staff in Stockport, Cheshire and South Manchester. Unlike other recruitment agencies, we meet all our clients in person to ensure we’ll only place you with companies that we’d work in ourselves.
Reference number: KH48