Do you have hands-on people management experience within a machine building environment? Are you a qualified engineer?
Job title: Engineering Team Leader
Hours: 39 per week, Mon-Fri, either 7am to 3pm, or 8am to 4pm.
We’re looking for a qualified mechanical or electrical engineer to join a machinery manufacturing company to lead a team of around 10-15 mechanical and electrical assembly fitters at their manufacturing site. You’ll be joining a global, multi-billion dollar organisation which is passionate about developing their staff and delivering the best for their customers. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a company where you can develop in your career. Your duties will include:
- Coordinating the workload of assembly fitters on the shop floor to meet client requirements, and mentor and coach team, including apprentices
- Work hands-on in either mechanical machine building or wiring, depending on experience, to complete projects to client requirements and adhere to industry and company quality standards
- Complete quality checks and despatch paperwork to ensure safe and timely delivery of completed projects
- Liaise closely with the Production Manager to avoid any delays in output and identify any Lean process improvements
- Ensure adequate component stock levels and coordinate orders with Supply Chain team
- Qualified in either Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering, ideally through an apprenticeship/timeserved
- Experience working in a machine building environment, and operating machine tools such as mills and lathes
- Able to understand technical engineering drawings and specifications
- Experience working with overhead cranes an advantage
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership, problem solving and relationship building skills – any formal management qualifications would be an advantage
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 stats
- Early finish on Fridays
- Company pension scheme
- This is a brand new role to support the Production Manager with their workload, so it is a great opportunity to put your own stamp on things!
- Opportunity to join a very stable, multi-billion dollar market leader
- Excellent personal and professional development opportunities, including occasional travel to other company sites in the UK and overseas
Essential Personnel Ltd is acting as an employment agency with regard to this position.
Essential Personnel Ltd, Stockport Business of the Year winners, provide high quality permanent and temporary staff in Stockport, Cheshire and South Manchester. Unlike other recruitment agencies, we meet all our clients in person to ensure we’ll only place you with companies that we’d work in ourselves.
Reference number: CB83