Do you have experience working in an accountancy practice, preparing accounts for SMEs?
Job title: Semi Senior Accountant
Hours: 8am to 5pm, Mon-Fri
We’re looking for an Accounts Assistant with experience working in a practice setting to join a growing accountancy firm, supporting their portfolio of small business clients with statutory accounts preparations. Your duties will include:
· Preparing year end accounts and self-assessment tax returns
· Completing working papers and statutory accounts for small business clients
· Preparing corporation tax, income tax and VAT returns and filing with HMRC
· Supporting the Accounts Manager in managing the firm’s client portfolio
· Previous accounts experience working within a practice for a portfolio of clients
· Experience of Xero and Sage software
· AAT qualified or ACCA part-qualified preferred
· Central location, in historic building with free parking on-site
· Study leave and support to complete ACCA qualifications
· 20 days holidays plus 8 stats
· Company pension
Essential Personnel Ltd is acting as an employment agency with regard to this position.
Essential Personnel Ltd, Stockport Business of the Year winners, provide high quality permanent and temporary staff in Stockport, Cheshire and South Manchester. Unlike other recruitment agencies, we meet all our clients in person to ensure we’ll only place you with companies that we’d work in ourselves.
Reference number: JF92