Do you have procurement experience, managing the buying the process from end-to-end?
Job title: Buying Assistant
Hours: 9am to 5.30pm, Mon-Fri
We’re looking for a Buying Assistant to join a leading manufacturing company. They produce products to custom specifications, so are looking for someone who can negotiate and assess products to ensure a profitable production. Your duties will include:
- Identify, deliver and monitor cost savings and optimise margins of production
- Negotiate with suppliers regarding lead times and pricing
- Assess product quality to ensure it meets client specifications
- Liaise with finance department regarding invoicing
- Administration duties to support procurement team
- Previous purchasing experience within a manufacturing company
- High level of attention to detail
- Good IT skills, especially Excel and Power Point
- Able to build strong working relationships with suppliers, key customers and colleagues
- 22 days holiday, plus 8 stats and your birthday off
- Health cashback scheme
- Opportunity to join a growing SME where you can develop in your career
Essential Personnel Ltd is acting as an employment agency with regard to this position.
Essential Personnel Ltd, Stockport Business of the Year winners, provide high quality permanent and temporary staff in Stockport, Cheshire and South Manchester. Unlike other recruitment agencies, we meet all our clients in person to ensure we’ll only place you with companies that we’d work in ourselves.
Salary: up to £23,000
Reference number: KH32