Are you looking for an accounts position that will allow you to progress in your career and qualifications?
Job title: Accounts Assistant
Hours: Mon-Fri, 37.5 hours a week
We’re looking for an experienced all-round Accounts Assistant to join a well-established specialist accountancy practice to assist in preparing reports and management accounts within their internal finance team. You’ll be joining a great company that is offering study support towards further accounts qualifications and excellent progression opportunities. Your duties will include:
- Raising invoices and updating sales and purchase ledgers
- Processing payment runs
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparing VAT returns and monthly journals, and identifying assets
- Previous experience in a similar, varied accounts role
- AAT part-qualified, with drive to continue studying
- Experience working on accounts software, ideally Sage 50
- Excellent Excel skills, with knowledge of vlookups and Pivot Tables
- Support for further study towards AAT, CIMA or ACCA qualifications, including paid study leave and course materials
- Annual bonus scheme
- Company pension
- 25 days holiday, increasing with each year of service up to 27, plus 8 stats
- Manchester city centre location
- Excellent progression opportunities
Essential Personnel Ltd is acting as an employment agency with regard to this position.
Essential Personnel Ltd, Stockport Business of the Year winners, provide high quality permanent and temporary staff in Stockport, Cheshire and South Manchester. Unlike other recruitment agencies, we meet all our clients in person to ensure we’ll only place you with companies that we’d work in ourselves.
Salary: £18-22,000 plus ACCA study support
Reference number: JF63